[DMCForum] Re: changing careers

Congradulations Mike!  I'm glad you are taking the risk and going
for it.  Too often in life people are too affair of "change" and
they continue to live their boring little lifes.  Its good to see
someone doing what they want without worrying about the consequences.
This summer I was picked by the Holland Charter Fire Department to
be on their team.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time.
After submitting my resume to many different departments I was
finally accepted.  During the day I work with computer networks.  It
can be fun and enjoyable at times, but for the most part its dull.
I've been wanting to enjoy what I do for quite some time.  Finally
my chance has arrived and I jumped on it right away.  Nothing quite
like riding in the fire truck and seeing a burning building, thats
for sure!  Sure is much more exciting the battling ass hole computer
hackers and viruses all day.
Way to go Mike!

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcmike2002" <mcohee@xxxx> wrote:
> I often forget how much we rely on computers and email....several
> people have told me emails are bouncing (which is better than
checks
> doing the same)...As far as I know my eamil is fine, but....
>
> After much thought and 10 exciting years in the finance/brokerage
> field I am entering the world of teaching.....
>
> Starting next week I will be teaching high school business here in
> Howard County MD. This is one of the nicer counties in the state
and
> they really take care of their teachers. Since I have my MBA they
> started me off at a nice salary and the thought of having 2 weeks
off
> at christmas, a week for spring break and the summer's off has not
> even hit me yet :-) Needless to say it will be great to have more
> time for my wife, kiddies and of course the car...
>
> Also, the thought of having tenure and lifetime job security is
> something that you need to be older (40) and wiser to appreciate
> :-) ....  My wife is a teacher so I know what I am in for. I plan
> drive my car almost daily to the school and hope to have the favor
> (and protection) of the seniors :-)  I also plan to use my
delorean
> often to bring life/business lessons down to a level these kids
will
> relate too....
>
> onward and upward
> Mike C