Re: [DMCForum] 3 rotor D pics ...was: Racing Deloreans

Re: [DMCForum] 3 rotor D pics ...was: Racing Deloreans

> Nah, he will just want make-up sex.

Ohh, that just made the strangest thought go through my mind: Jim
Strickland
on his back.  And that reminds me: I actually have a photo of him on his
back.  Here are the links:

001 thru 007 show the engine compartment
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor001N1.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor002N2.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor003N3.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor004N4.JPG

cut into the rear fiberglass a little to make room for the intercooler
plumbing
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor005N5.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor006N6.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor007N7.JPG

008 & 009 show the instrument cluster.  This he recycled from the donor
car.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor008N8.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor009N9.JPG

010 & 011  Jim & his girl.  They are such a cute couple!
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor010N10.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor011N11.JPG

vin plate
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor012N12.JPG

crappy tires
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor013N13.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor014N14.JPG

a glimpse at the humidity that gets in a leaky DeLorean
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor015N1.JPG
The windows are tinted.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor016N2.JPG

The stupid shit things that I will take photos of.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor017N3.JPG

JB-Weld.  Cool.  If duct tape, JB-Weld & WD-40 can't fix it, then nothing
can.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor018N4.JPG

A pathetic attempt to control humidity in the interior using Damp Rid.  I
found it worked a lot better spread out on trays rather than in the small
container it is meant to work in.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor019N5.JPG
Those are paint tray liners laying in fiberglass cafeteria trays.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor020N6.JPG

A fucked up door handle.  Okay, I'm neurotic when it comes to taking
photos
of cars.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor021N7.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor022N8.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor023N9.JPG

Window gasket pulling loose.  Sorry Jim, I tend to notice what is wrong
with
things rather than what's right.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor024N10.JPG

Strange... water was falling from the sky that day.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor025N11.JPG

The interior of the car got so damp that I took the headliners off to dry
out.  The photo isn't too clear, but the inside door skin was wet like
someone sprayed it with a mist.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor026N12.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor027N13.JPG

Typical of DeLoreans, the torsion bar rubs the rear hinge.  If it scores
too
much then it may break.  And then it may break anyway.  I stuck some
cardboard in here just so that maybe it wouldn't pop on my watch.  Check
out
the scratch.  It looked like they hit the bar with an 80 grit orbital
sander.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor028N14.JPG

And here it is ...(drum roll)... Jim on his back!  The rice burner exhaust
reminded me of a.... well, a rice burner exhaust.  The fan you see blows
on
the intercoolers.  The bottom one is for the oil.  Not visible is the
turbo
one stacked over it.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor029N15.JPG

Looking under the car:
Jim substantially modified the frame on this car to do the swap.  The big
black plate is a custom engine cradle.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor030N16.JPG
Also visible, Jim cut out the frame's crotch and replaced it with a custom
thing that allows the new mess to fit.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor031N17.JPG
And don't you just love those tow hooks?
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor032N18.JPG
This plate is so thick that there
was no point in using a block of wood to pad the jack.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor033N19.JPG
To the left in the brown boxes standing up are materials from B-Quiet.com
which I am using to soundproof my DeLorean.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor034N20.JPG

rear of car   He really needs to mount a fake exhaust pipe to fill the
hole.
Or patch the fascia.
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor035N21.JPG

more of the engine compartment
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor036N22.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor037N23.JPG
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor038N24.JPG
I know it aint the German shit, okay Holland, but this one's for Rad Dad &
Farrar:
http://www.DMCForum.org/images/cars/3rotor/3rotor039N25.JPG

Tha tha that's all folks,
Walt