Re: [DMCForum] The muffler

> Stop cleaning off that rusty shit or you will end with hundreds of small
> holes in the muffler !!!!

The center of the muffler gets a lot hotter than the rest.  It's a cheaper
alloy of stainless than the body panels.  It discolors because the metal
reacts with atmospheric air.  It burns, but what is left forms a
protective
barrier to more corrosion.  If you keep polishing it off then you will
have
holes like Elvis says.  And yeah sure, if you have a layer of cooked
coolant
on there then it wouldn't hurt to remove it, but would anyone really
notice?
Oh wait, you are the guy with the exhaust fetish & premature
exhaustulation
problem.  Are you sure that's coolant stuck on your muffler?

I didn't have one of my water pump hoses tight enough, and a fine spray
squirted all over the gold/aluminum PJ Grady water pump pulley.  Now it
has
kind of a green color.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3705203.4965331.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512