RE: [DMCForum] Travis' Head gasket journey

RE: [DMCForum] Travis' Head gasket journey

That garage is my neighbor's. It's at her embalming facility. Creepy, huh?

It all started when I was working on the exhaust manifold. One of the
studs
sheared off in the back. When I was drilling it out I tapped the water
jacket and all the coolant leaked came out (hence a dry block). I had to
take the head off to have it machined and repaired. I was unsure of how
well
it would come out, but the guys here in town did great work. The pic you
see
on page 16 is there final product. They ended up drilling out a larger
hole
and then refilling it with all new aluminum. And, like the Bionic Man,
it's
stronger than before. Shit. I'd be done by now if it wasn't for the stupid
cam flange.

However, it has forced me to take it easy... nice and slow. While I'm
dilly-dallying trying to noodle through certain things, I'm taking the
time
to replace all the coolant hoses and vacuum hoses. You can see a lot of
the
new stuff in picture 18.

I actually put the head and rocker cover back on last night, I just didn't
get a picture.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=330451645>