compared to the rest.  And the rest had inconsistent spray patterns.  I
replaced the fuel filter & injectors and dump some brown gunk out of the
warm-up regulator.  I check the spray pattern again and find that cylinder
#5 is still coming on late.  But now cylinder #4 has a drip.  It drips one
drop every 5 seconds while the pump is off.  These are injectors I bought
from a local Bosch dealer.  Since one dripped, I figured I bought a
defective injector.

By then I'm getting really pissed putting up with a car that doesn't run
well, so I order all new stuff from DMC/Texas.  Stuff from them should be
perfect, huh?  Their injectors didn't come in little boxes like the ones I
bought locally.  And the little plastic caps on the ends weren't as white
&
pretty either.  I suppose these were old stock.  I notice junk like this
because I'm suspicious that the local guy sold me a few used injectors
that
were only cleaned up to look new.

So $1000+ later a package arrives.  First I install the new fuel
distributor
and see what happens.  The problem with #5 coming on late went away.  But
is still dripping and #1 decided to join it.  At this point I'm really
enjoying the shot gun approach.  I spent the money; now I want bang for my
buck.  I put the DMC/Texas injectors on there and.... what the fuck?  Now
doesn't come on soon enough and it only sprays about half as much volume
as
the others.  And #1 is still dripping.  Now I'm really pissed!  This is
new
stuff, and I can't make it work.  I replaced injector #4 with one of the
better "new" ones bought locally, and it sprayed like it should.  Yep,
DMC/Texas sold me a defective injector.  Should I complain to them?

I tried swapping drippy injector #1 with #3 (which wasn't dripping at
all),
and the drip didn't follow the injector.  So somehow this newly rebuilt
distributor has uneven pressures which causes some of the injectors to
drip?
But this was also a problem with my original fuel distributor.  Are
dripping
injectors something that I should expect from Bosch?

How serious is a dripping injector?  I left them sitting in test tubes
letting the system pressure bleed off while I ate lunch.  When I got back,
one test tube had 10ml and the other had 15ml.  I don't know what industry
standards are for leaky injectors, but common sense tells me this kind of
drip is bullshit.  It makes the car hard to start.  If it soaks in for too
long then it drips past the rings and into the crank case.  (Rich is an
authority on this one.)  Someone just told me that fuel in the oil pan can
explode.  I heard stories of blown valve covers and oil pans.  And how
much
liquid would have to be in a cylinder to damage it?

Why did Bosch even make mechanical fuel injection?  Before their CIS they
already had electrical fuel injection in production cars, didn't they?
It's
such a mess of parts.

And as you can tell...
Walt