From: "Farrar Hudkins" <fhudkins@xxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] checking for leaks?

> Andrei:
>
> You have a point. I never asked the mechanics over at the old Chrysler
> dealership where I had most of my Duster work done what was in that
> purple-ish fluid they used to check for leaks in the cooling system.
>
> Of course, dopey me, I never guessed that the leak would be strong
> enough to actually suck the stuff into the engine. Good thing I'm
> learning my technical stuff before I actually own a DeLorean. ;)
>
> Greg:
>
> It would indeed attract attention; I figure ricers will soon have paint
> made with this stuff so they can go down the street glowing all the way
> (luminescence adds 10hp, you know *grin*). Unless they've already done
> so ... as a pickup driver I have no need for the stuff. I'm perfectly
> happy being passed by Buicks out of a red light. (And then passing them
> on the Interstate, har har har.)
>
> Back to the original off-topic subject, though: Perhaps something small
> enough wouldn't do any damage. Does somebody on the list know just how
> big a "250 mesh" particle is, anyway?
>
> More useless comments from:
>
> Farrar Hudkins
>
> Andrei Cular wrote:
> > And what will that powder do the the different metals?  or when it
gets
> > sucked into a leak how will it burn in the cylinder or will it just
stick to
> > the top of the piston and valves?
> >

> > Looks like fun stuff to play with tho.
> >

> > Andrei

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3656190.4921519.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=1246b0b92/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3656190&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3656190.4921519.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=415070751>