[DMCForum] Re: A/C (and auto shifter) lights

On 26-07-2003 20:09, jordan rubin wrote:

> Ive got the little diagram that shows removing the
> top third from the left relay and running a wire from
> A to B. Some say to use a 10ohm/10 watt resistor between
> the two. Some say it doesnt matter.

It depens on what you want...

When you want to only engage the lights with the lights on,
just put in a jumper between "A" and "B" and you're done.

BUT the lights will be on at FULL brightness (read HEAT).
If you want them to be dimmed with the lights on put a
resistor in the jumper or (even easier) use a relay with
only 4 spades instead of the one with 5 that's originally
there. Without the middel spade the lights will not come
on after ignition and dimmed with lights on.

BTW, as far as I know (driving a manual) the A/T selector
light is ALLWAYS on with ignition on...

Good luck,

Jan van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since nov. 2002

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124f8kfa7/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3512152&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=232881401>