[DMCForum] DMCH struts

I'd like to correct this bit of misinformation that has been going around.

The new door struts sold by DMC (Texas) are NOT the incorrect length. Our
new struts ($39.95 each) have been remanufactured exclusively for us to
the
original specification, from the original drawings. The only differences
at
this point are the black nitride finish on the shafts, and the ends are
"screw-on" rather than crimped on.

Our previous supplier sent us a couple batches (about 50 or so) of struts
with a slightly longer screw-on end that resulted in them not closing
completely on certain cars (about 1 in 6 or 8, based on the molds used to
make the underbody, near as we can ascertain). We no longer use this
supplier for any struts on the car, or any other parts, for that matter.
If
anyone has any of these longer ends, send me an email and I can replace
them
for you.

The louvre and luggage compartment struts ($19.95 each) are also
remanufactured for us, now as well.

A complete six-strut set is $139.95, and these are the same ones that will
be available from our stockist in the United Kingdom (hopefully in
August!).

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
http://www.delorean.com

> From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 6 Jul 2003 12:49:31 -0000
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] Digest Number 924
>
> Are the barells on the struts the right length (i.e. not DMC Houston
ones)?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=596843521>