[DMCForum] Re: Standing by

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:

> The battery to get?  An Optima or whatever variety of gel
technology that
> suits your tastes.  If I were buying another Optima, I would
consider the
> deep cycle variety considering that they are making them with a
decent cold
> crank amp rating.  Depending on how good your alternator is at low
RPM, the
> car may be deep cycling the battery anyway.

I've heard of these. I wonder how much they cost. I thought they were
expensive. The battery I bought last year is actually 50 amps below
the correct battery.

> You may be stretching the wiring harness around the wrong way.

I'll take a look at Mike Cohee's wiring harness.

> And as for buying anti-freeze, stay away from the orange stuff.  It
tends to
> attack lead solder joints.  This may not be an issue if you have an
OEM
> aluminum radiator, but unless the manufacture specifies to use the
orange
> stuff then it is better to stay with the green stuff.

I have an OEM radiator. I'll follow your advice and get the green
stuff. I confess though, I've never seen orange coolant.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=449732442>