Re: [DMCForum] Clicking along

> BUT, the clutch is bled. I used Valvoline SynPower synthetic formula.
> I read into the archives and it was said that this is as good as
> Girling or Castol GTLMA. I sure hope so.

Well keep us posted in the long term (hopefully it will be long term) of
how
this fluid works out.  I have been a bit paranoid of all the hype, so I
have
stayed with Castrol GTLMA since it is easy to find at my local Pepboys.  I
have seen a few exotic alternatives at my neighborhood independent Bosch
dealer.  He has cans on the shelf labeled mostly in German.

> I cleaned and gapped the plugs. (Champion? I don't think so) I'll be
> replacing them soon.

Yep, I found Champion plugs in my daily driver, too.  These were RS12YC
and
way over-gapped.  What flavor Champion are yours?

> I think I put the tensioner
> pulleys on wrong, but who cares? A/C probably doesn't work anyway.

Those are a bit hard to figure out especially since the diagram in the
DeLorean manual is wrong.  One of us needs to take a real careful photo
and
put it in the (at present non-existent) technical section.

> Now let's all bow our heads.....

I like your strategy.  I had an atheist DeLorean owner show up with really
bad brakes.  They locked up on the way to my house.  With his disapproval
sprinkled his car with Epiphany water and the brakes actually healed (for
while).  The whole car ran better too.  He was almost convinced it was a
miracle. :-)

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1652963/R=0/SIG=11tvulr8i/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6