[DMCForum] Re: Vendor Competition (WAS: DMCH Parts)

[DMCForum] Re: Vendor Competition (WAS: DMCH Parts)

Marc,
I agree with you completely on this parts thing. When I got my 1st
Delorean I couldn't believe the parts cost. Being from the early
Corvette years when we rebuilt alternators and scrounged for parts at
a good cost we did resort to I call it afternmarket vendors. That's
what I call Special T. Some of the items are factory original and
some are aftermarket and the question is who's budget will it work
for and what do you want. All I heard for 2 to 3 years is the high
cost of Delorean parts and Special T not having a high overhead I
think is helping hold down the prices.I'm not a dealer like DMCH
which I call a dealer because of the parts they carry, but I try to
offer good equal parts or the same parts at a good or better price.
Like this week I just got in Tie rod ends from the UK. They are the
same part as used on the Delorean, but I had to track them down and
now I offer them at a better price. Automatic transmission filters,
When I talked to Walt last ( about 2 or 3 months ago ) I didn't know
they were a problem in getting them, so I tracked them down and have
30 coming. I'm about $20.00 cheaper on the kit. But, Now if you want
one you will have it from any of the dealers. Renault only makes them
when the feel like it and I have purchased 50 in the last 3 months.
My point is, I to have wondered why the Delorean dealers didn't band
together and if one was going to make or invest in a part then why
didn't everyone share in that, but they don't. Everyone seems to have
to do their own thing. ( 3 or 4 different strut manufactures.)
There are some parts I can do and will do, But Houston is the lead in
the role of redoing some parts like the fuse block. If the joint
venture was formed to reproduce the fuse block and other parts and
everyone was going to share in it then i would participate, but that
won't be the way it will be. Some just want to do their own thing.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512