[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Parts (WAS: digital speedo)

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH Parts (WAS: digital speedo)

I see this differently.  Competition in the market place is
wonderful.  The price of Tankzilla went down because of the DMCH
equivalent.  Competition in price will also make competition for new
products.  I could go to either DMCH or Grady for an Angle drive,
but if I'm getting other parts as well and only Grady has the
Stainless Steel visual improvements, I'd probably bring my business
to Grady.  Or vice versa (i'm not favoring one or the other, just
making a point).
There is nothing wrong, in my opinion, with DMCH producing
the "same" upgraded parts as other vendors, and vice versa.  I'm
glad that upgraded parts ARE being produced!!  Better yet, due to
competition the prices are going down!  Whats wrong with that?

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "malevy_nj" <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> There seems to be a trend that is disturbing.  DMCH is spending
time
> and money to develop replacement parts that are already available
> from other vendors.  For instance, the fuel sender was already
> available from Zilla.  And now the angle drive, when reconditioned
> units are available from PJGrady.
>
> Given the choice of what item to work on next, would it not make
more
> sence to work on a item that is truly unavailable?  The fuse box
is a
> great example.  There are a good number of DeLoreans out there
with
> frankenstien fuse blocks, that would love to have a "New and
> improved" origional looking fuse block.
>
> It is no secret that some of the NOS parts that other vendors need
> ultimatly come from DMCH.  It's a shame that not only does DMCH
keep
> the parts that only they have artificaly high, but they also have
> try and under cut any item the other vendors dont buy from them.
> controled amount of greed is good in business, but too much of
> anything is never a good thing.
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, James Espey <james@xxxx> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > went WAY up, too. Now we're having them remade on our own and
they
> should
> > retail for about $80 each. I expect the final samples to come in
in
> the next
> > week or two and then 60 days later for full production to be
> completed.
> > Testing is the part that takes a great deal of time, because we
> test them on
> > many different cars in different parts of the USA with different
> clients.
> > Obviously, we'll sell a lot more units at $80 than at $600 which
> then let's
> > us put the proceeds into another product...like fuse boxes.
Anyway,
> the
> > digital one is still on my shelf here waiting for a better
> idea/price.
> >
> > James

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124orar12/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3313099&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=769712581>