Re: [DMCForum] keyless entry help...thank you

Re: [DMCForum] keyless entry help...thank you

> when i peeled them apart you could see the copper wires were touching
each
other like a couple of 16 year olds in a school hallway :-)...

Reminds me of my sophomore year when I smashed my glasses because I left
them in my lap while kissing my girlfriend in the car.  I was an
"impressionable" young lad.

Seriously though, the external wires weren't touching like that when we
put
the solenoid in the door.  Apparently the way those solenoids often fail
is
from the windings melting and shorting.  The solenoid still has continuity
and will still work per se but not have enough good windings left to be
effective.

> but i had a nice shiny gold one from pj grady installed and could not
bear
to take it out :-)

I heard that PJ Grady has their own zinc plating setup for stuff like
that.
Are you sending your old solenoid back on a core exchange?

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6