[DMCForum] Re: Rumbly rough running

James,

My 2 cents would be to check the plug wires, they are crammed so
tightly at the Disty cap, you can somtimes get misfires when leads
cross each other - The leads can be in perfect shape too, and you
could still have "inductive" misfires. Just make sure the routing is
as clear and "direct" as you can make it.  Probably a good time to
make sure the wires are in really good shape. With the amount of
heat they are exposed to (in the rear of a D), they break down more
quickly than normal.

My rule of thumb with mysterious problems: I force myself to think
simple first. I tend to think of the complex stuff, and 98% of the
time it's the simple items.

PS - check your electrical grounds too (maybe even clean them up),
poor grounds can play havoc with the ECU
Good luck.

Eric P.
Dunedin, FL

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jamesrguk" <James_rg@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Long time since I last posted but I wonder if anyone on the list
can
> help.
>
> My DMC has been running badly for some time now, not a constant
> misfire but the engine sounds quite "rumbly" like a huge V8 rather
> than a smooth V6, it also lacks power and stammers when pulling
away.

> I have changed the following -
>
> CPR, Fuel Distributor, Dizzy + Cap + Rotor, all injectors, fuel
> lines, fuel pump, coil, coil lead, ballast resistors, spark plugs
> (12 months ago). Freq valve etc...
>
> Also has very good and even compression on all cylinders
>
> Any ideas?
>
> When I removed the plugs, held them on the head and flogged the
> engine over the sparks were not as impressive as I would have
> expected, but they did spark. I have also tested the fuel supply
> pressures and they appear to be normal.
>
> Could it just be way out of tune? I checked the timing, which was
> spot on.
>
> Any suggestions of where to start looking would be helpful.
>
> James RG
> Vin# 5462

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512