[DMCForum] potatoes

Elvis Nocita wrote:

> Hey my girlfriend heared on the news, that the americans stopped
> calling french fries - french fries. Instead they call them freedom
fries ?
> Is this true ?

Another Douglas Adams quote comes to mind: "It is folly to believe any
problems can be solved with just potatoes."

The neckties in Washington decided to call them Freedom Fries and
Freedom Toast. I suppose they didn't re-name the literary legend Samuel
Freedom, or Freedom Kissing. Anyway, some right-wing eating
establishments followed suit (pun intended). I guess it feels good to
hate somebody, which is why so many people do that. Perhaps it feels
even better to kill somebody, but I wouldn't know. Ask any religious
extremist, if you can find one ... that includes Hindus, Muslims,
Christians, Jews, probably a few Buddhists - all the other people who
have killed in the name of God over the past few thousand years. IIRC,
more people have been killed in the name of God than for any other
reason. And this after Christ and other religious icons taught pacifism.
I find it interesting that so many religious writings (particularly the
third- and fourth-generation Bibles) can be interpreted to mean anything
from "Kill them all" to "Love them all". The shakers committed
themselves to a life of total celibacy, thereby ensuring they'd die out.
Kind of the opposite of the Catholics and most Christians, when you
think about it. Just a little food for thought. Atheists rise and
rejoice. Ha ha ha.

But I'm getting way off the off-topic conversation.

Here's the funny thing, though, that I was giong to mention before:
People who wanted to "boycott" French wine dumped it in the streets.
Apparently they were unaware that they'd already paid for it so it
doesn't count as a boycott. I can only imagine the French laughing as
they watched Americans give the French their money for nothing.

[and checks for free ...]

And here I am saving my money for a DeLorean - I haven't bought wine in
weeks! Although I like some of the Australian vineyards, which are less
expensive. Oh, and Danish ... Well, anyway.

Regards,
Farrar "Too Much Coffee Today" Hudkins

--
Farrar Hudkins