[DMCForum] Re: Messeges from DML about Ebay D

[DMCForum] Re: Messeges from DML about Ebay D

Hey Eric and group,
About this guy Rick trying to con people into buying his junk DMC...
Eric, you said:

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink@xxxx>
>One, he has never owned a
> Delorean, but below he clearly states that this is a "sad example
of
> the kind of car I pride myself in owning"  Well, yes, he did own
two
> for resale and for about 1 month.  Not sure he could get much
pride
> in that, but hey.  Next he says "its time to move on".  Well, move
> on from what?  he didn't work on this car, nor did he even attempt
> to.  Remember he hasn't owned a D for more than a month.

I think this guy did own a DeLorean for a while and was a member of
the DML a few years ago. He called himself Officer Rick (Rahn). Type
Officer Rick into the back issues search at dmcnews.com and you'll
get plenty hits.
Here's one from 1999:

http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/nov99files/dmcnews%20digest4357-
4360.htm

What sparked this memory off for me was that this guy used to also
go on and on about being a christian etc. I remember when he bought
his DeLorean, he posted to the DML saying how he got it for like
$9000, and it had lots of problems. After a few months, he decided
to sell it (see above link) for 16,900, saying it is in great
condition! I emailed him at the time, pointed out that he had posted
about all the problems about the car, and how could he say it was in
great condition, does he think we're stupid, etc etc?? Didn't get a
very nice reply! Deleted it a long time ago though unfortunately.

See ya,
John, Ireland.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1512248/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=33130