Re: [DMCForum] New tire choice

The indy 500 isn't really NEW,  just "renamed".  It's the former Firehawk
ss20.  When I lost a ss20 to road debris, I was upset to find that the
ss20 was "discontinued".  They suggested the indy, saying it was the same
tire.  I was skeptical until I saw it.  It is the exact same tread.  The
sidewall looks a little different.  UTQG 500/a/a.

Back and Front are S and T rated, 112/118mph.  They do start drifting
around the road at 110.

Jim

On Mon, 12 May 2003 16:18:14 -0400 "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Firestone recently came out with their Indy 500 line that has proper
> sizes
> to fit a DeLorean front to rear with matching sidewalls & tread
> pattern.  I
> drove it a bit, and it seemed to handle fine.  (I was more concerned
> with
> the new steering rack and the manual tranny that I wasn't used to.)
> The
> tread wear rating is higher than Michelin Pilots, and the price is
> cheaper
> too.  I suppose they would have to be really great tires at a great
> price if
> anyone is going to take them seriously after their previous
> mistakes.  I'm
> not a fan of Firestone after I couldn't get more than 15K miles out
> of any
> for my truck.  They wouldn't warranty those either.
>
> Walt

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=253841.3292458.4586253.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1504866/R=1/*http://autos.yahoo.com?refsrc=autos/ads/feature/LRE

 2003 Mini Cooper  2003 Nissan 350Z  2003 BMW M3  2003 Honda Accord  2003
Toyota Camry  more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=253841.3292458.4586253.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1504866/rand=792465316>