[DMCForum] Re: Help!! Thermostat (and w pipe) woes

[DMCForum] Re: Help!! Thermostat (and w pipe) woes

Adam,
thanks for the info. this is proabaly boring to everyone else but for
me its something i have been wondering about for my rough idle....

I just started my car after doing new gaskets too and guess what...my
car was squeeling like a pig!!!!! I put my finger along one of the
edges and sure enough it got quiet. I thought I had really tightend
those bolts but while the car was idling /squeeling i gave one a
little more umphhhh and within a 1/4 turn it went away! my idle still
wants to seek a bit but i am learning more.

Now I wonder if I should replace those paper thin gaskets and create
my own that are a little thicker??? anyone have an opinion. I have
new ones and they just seem to be too thin to do much good. It seems
this area can really cause problems with air intake and needs to be
tight....

also when the w pipe is off the manifold moves around on some sort of
rubber bushing..is this a problem area? with this car where there's
rubber there's problems :-)

If anyone out ther can give a a quick explantion about this part of
the air intake system. I know those intake valves are seated closed
at idle and therefore air should not be getting in there. when i move
the throtttle spool they open up correctly so they are working fine
and close properly.

Dave if your out there chime in :-)

At idle the air must enter the system from some other area and go
into the idle speed motor so I am guessing air leaks at the W pipe
could cause problems with the lambad system trying to blance it
out....oh well enough on this subject....any info would be great...

Mike C

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=253841.3292458.4586253.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1504866/R=1/*http://autos.yahoo.com?refsrc=autos/ads/feature/LRE

 2003 Mini Cooper  2003 Nissan 350Z  2003 BMW M3  2003 Honda Accord  2003
Toyota Camry  more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=253841.3292458.4586253.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1504866/rand=894276111>