[DMCForum] Re: Help!! Thermostat woes

Adam,
Glad Walt and I could help. You now have me curious as I am
troubleshooting a rough idle and am really looking at everything.
What exactly do you think caused your car to not start or run down to
500rpm? I know that is a major possible source for air leaks but even
if the "reed" gasket :-) which is thin did not work perfectly do you
think enough air snuck in between the cracks to cause your problems
or have it not start?

Were all your bolts snug? Do you have both o rings and spacers on the
center round ports that go into the center? No matter how much I work
it i still have a small gap around the whole area because the new O
ring and spacer just wont let me get that area metal to metal. I am
just trying to determine if this is normal.

Glad you got yours fixed and any more info on what you think solved
it will help everyone...

Mike C
2109

>  Thanks for the advice again.
>
> Adam

<http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_autos/103_v1_avd_lrec_01_tex
t.gif>
Choose your car now!
 - Make - Acura AM General Aston Martin Audi Bentley BMW Buick Cadillac
Chevrolet Chevrolet Truck Chrysler Daewoo Dodge Dodge Truck Ferrari Ford
Ford Truck GMC GMC Truck Honda Hyundai Infiniti Isuzu Jaguar Jeep Kia
Lamborghini Land Rover Lexus Lincoln Lotus Mazda Mazda Truck Mercedes-Benz
Mercury Mitsubishi Nissan Nissan Truck Oldsmobile Plymouth Pontiac Porsche
Rolls-Royce Saab Saturn Subaru Suzuki Toyota Toyota Truck Volkswagen Volvo

<http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_autos/103_v1_avd_lrec_01_mai
n.gif>

<http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_autos/103_v1_avd_lrec_01_log
o.gif>