Re: [DMCForum] Re: remote door unlock

On 07-05-2003 21:04, Martin Gutkowski wrote:

> HUH? The way the system works is that when Unlocked,
> the unlock wire is permanently grounded (and so too when locked).

I know, but on my system the pulse was too long by default
and the response from the lock a bit too slow, causing Lockzilla
to think the locks were out of sync as the locks were grounded in
UNLOCKED and the remote grounded to LOCKED...

Shortening the pulse to 0,4 sec instead of 4 sec (was for some
pneumatic systems like on some Audis) resolved my problem...

It isn't unsafe, I agree. But that's not what I said anyway :-)
Just a little word of warning; if I'd known this before it happened
to me I wouldn't have had to troubleshoot for a gazilion hours
before I found out what was wrong...

Meanwhile I've had the locks set better,
so they respond swifter, which helps a lot too...

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor