Re: [DMCForum] Power Antenna

> My power antenna is getting its power from a circut breaker near the
> LockZilla module area, is this correct?

I think so.  On many earlier cars the power antenna was installed by
various
people in various ways.  The circuit breaker for the door lock module is a
convenient place to get power for such accessories.

> I am asking this because i noticed my red power wire is melted in a
> couple of areas.

Not good.  Even though this is hooked to a circuit breaker, make sure that
you are hooking onto the output side of the breaker.  Connecting to the
input side will not protect the circuit.  In addition, it would be a good
idea to have an inline fuse installed on the red wire close to circuit
breaker.  The circuit breaker alone is too much current for such a low amp
circuit as a power antenna.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512