[DMCForum] I'm back -- from the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social

[DMCForum] I'm back -- from the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Spring Social

My excuse for going was to visit my sister in Maryland, but as it turns
out
Mike Cohee lives about 1/2 hour away from her.  So he picked me up the
next
day in his DeLorean.  Mike & I did fun things with his car that night
(shut
up Travis! :-)

We replaced the steering column bushing but in the process Mike (not I :-)
broke the windshield wiper arm and knocked loose the clutch reservoir
line.
The hardest part was figuring out that we had to completely remove the
bolt
from the universal joint before we could get the column out.  We thought
we
could get by with just loosening it.  The clutch reservoir line was rotten
and ready to fall apart anyway.  We cut off the ends and stuck it back
together hoping that it wouldn't leak.  By the time we got back from the
show, the reservoir was empty!

We left in Mike's DeLorean the next morning only to have a weird power
failure problem.  The dash lights start blinking and the relay compartment
starts chattering while the car looses power.  Meanwhile it is raining and
naturally we (I mean Mike) broke the wiper control the night before.
Rain-X
is really great stuff.  I checked the wiring and found that the positive
lead on the battery was loose.  I couldn't tighten it because the bolt was
too long.  I found a lucky penny on the side of the road and stuck it in
there as a half-ass washer.  That worked, so we continued cautiously only
have the problem recur.  Mike used assorted swear words like "go back" and
"get mini-van".  Mike found that the problem changed as he opened/closed
the
door and he introduced me to a new diagnostic procedure of "Whatever the
problem is, suspect that it was caused by the last thing you worked on."
Sure enough, somehow the plug/socket connecting the ignition switch wasn't
right.  So we leave for New Jersey again.

The country-side is beautiful up there.  I'm used to Florida which is flat
and mostly the same shade of green.  But Maryland trees are anything but
boring to look at.  (Yeah, I'm weird.  But so are you; after all, you are
reading this :-)

We made it to the show in time to eat lunch with Rob & Debbie Grady at a
nearby diner.  I fell down & kissed Rob's feet and begged for forgiveness.
Well, actually I only tried to buy his lunch but he wouldn't let me.

The show was great.  We were at a garage with two lifts where people took
turns having Rob inspect the cars and giving advice.  I took plenty of
photos and will get them posted online in about 2 weeks.

That night we had dinner at a deli where some guy (anyone remember his
name?) gave a lecture on how he worked with John DeLorean designing &
testing turbo versions of the PRV.  As luck would have it, our lecturer is
the same off-brand of religion that I am, so we went to the same church
for
Pascha later that night.  Christ is risen!

I could ramble on for a few more pages, but I'll wait until I get the
photos
online.  Meanwhile I'm about 1000 e-mails behind.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1554463/R=4/id=noscript/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/cli
nk?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/
S=1705126215:HM/A=1554463/R=5/1051924170+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http:
//www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/i
ndex.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupm