RE: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

RE: [DMCForum] Re: a project De Lorean...

>Oh my God.
>
>This reaffirms my suspicion that you are all crazy bastards.  Looking at
>the pics of this car made me want to crawl into a corner and die.
>Brought back a lot of memories of the early days of 1537.

Oh come on Jim, tell me what you really think. Just kidding about that, I
appreciate everyone's honesty on what they think.  Do you have a site up
that shows the process you went through on resurrecting 1537 to what it is
today?

>Also, the broken gauges are going to suck to fix/replace.

What specifically about the gauges looks broken?  My understanding was
that
the gauges will rest at different points when the key is off.

>The paint!  what a horrible job!  but this is GOOD for the poerson that
>wants to take it off.  It looks like it wasn't put on right, so it should
>come off without too much trouble... It's even flaking off to the
>stainless in places.

The shitty red paint is literally falling off of the car.  I pulled the
rub
strip off in some areas and the stainless is as-new behind that, and every
other place I knocked it off.  In this case, it is a very good thing that
the paint job is so bad.  I looked for body filler and didn't see any so
it
looks like what I see is what I get in the body panel department.

>good luck greg!

Thanks, Jim.  I am sure I will have tons of questions in the future.  By
the
way, what would you think the car is worth or what would you pay for it?
am guessing you have already seen the asking price.  Thanks again for your
input.

Greg

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM