Re: [DMCForum] body bolts

The body bolts screw into the steel chassis.

Martin

Cohee, Michael wrote:

>I am trying to ask one question a day :-) I have tightened a few of the
body bolts in the car where the seat belts are. A couple were very loose.
As I was tightening I realized that I had no idea how tight they should
be. How tight should I make them? Since you can't see the other end on
these I don't want to tighten so much that I am stripping out the
fiberglass and then the bolt would just tear through the fiberglass and
spin...I am guessing there is some sort of nut/washer on the other end of
these bolts. Is there a torque I should go for or should I just tighten
till snug....

>Do you need to be a contortionist to do the two in the rear of the car?
>
>thanks.
>Mike C

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pDi3hB/OC5FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM