[DMCForum] power steering vs manual

this will probably go under the heading of dumb questions but i have to
ask anyway :-) With all the talk about converting the manual to power
steering that comes up I thought this would be a good time to ask. I know
the obvious diff. between the two is the amount of force it takes to turn
the wheel...i.e manual steering will give you truck driver biceps over
time. My question is why is it difficult to steer the Delorean in a tight
parking garage? At my work the lower level garage was built a long time
ago and there are large pillars and many narrow turns. It makes it almost
impossible for me to drive out without several back ups and returns. In my
honda I can drive out with my pinky on the wheel. I guess I am asking
if/why manual steering effects the steering ratio.

I kept thinking that manual steering should be just as easy to navigate
out of tight spots but would just require more muscle. This must be wrong.
Hope this is not to rediculus but I just wanted to know the turning diff
between the two. I know at highway speed there is no diff but at 2 mph It
feels like I steering the titantic past an iceberg.

Mike C
2109

Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important
Questions.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z_CBYA/vB5FAA/AG3JAA/HliolB/TM