[DMCForum] Re: Mac (was: Re: computerclock)

On 20-04-2003 03:53, Jim Strickland wrote:

> I dont' think IBM compatible is superior than mac

VERY good "IBM compatible" is the only correct term
as a Mac is a Personal Computer too!

> just that it's more stable

My Mac has NEVER crashed in 4 years of INTENSIVE use,
a frind of mine has had to re-install Widows 3 times
in just the past year... Really stable... NOT!

> has more options

If Apple hadn't decided to go for USB most IBM compatibles
wouldn't have had it now. FireWire (IAEE 1394) is an Apple
invention and Wireless Networking is intergrated in EVERY
new Mac you buy.
Dell is really proud that they are ditching the 3,5" diskette
drive; Apple recognised thes to be obsolete in 1998; 5 years ago...

> offers more software,

You mean that it's easier to get illegal copies for Widows,
as you do not know any Mac-peaople to hook you up illegally.

> cheaper to upgrade,

You HAVE to upgrade to have a somewhat complete computer,
a Mac has everything you need built in in 90% of the cases.

> and looks less funny.

Yeah richt, that's why all other brands are suddenly thinking
outside the grey box too and imitate Apples designs...
Have a look at the ePower; Apple sued them successfully
for stealing the design and color scheme...

I DO agree that Apple has made some marketing mistakes;
theyr fastest clockspeed just went through the 1GHz barrier
last year, while I'm working with a 2,6GHz IBM-compatible
at work... Clockspeed doesn't mean everything, but this IS
wahat most people see as speed...
If I start to explain that my G3 350MHz blows away most
700MHz IBM-compatibles due to the differences in CISC
and RISC processing they don't understand...

PLEASE lets not argue which is better,
a Mac is just better FOR ME,
while a "PC" can be better for other people...

Happy Easter!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM