[DMCForum] TIE ROD ENDS

I've got a minor problem and thought I'd better ask before I break
something.  My "D" has less than 8K miles and has most of the original
parts.  I noticed the boots on the tie rod ends had deteriorated and
bought a new set to replace them.  When I took the lock nut off the
top of the tie ron end, I was unable to get the end to drop down.  I
used the standard Chevy technique of tapping the top of the end, but
to no avail.  I didn't want to give it too big whop, cause I wasn't
sure if I might break something and be in worse shape than when I
started.  Does anyone out there know a way to separate the tie rod end
from the knuckle without causing damage???

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/HliolB/TM