Re: [DMCForum] center console barrier

> Has anybody
> ever thought of redesigning the console vinyl cover to make it as low
> as possible?

I'm tall enough that the original height of the center console is about
right for my elbow.  But the thought has gone through my mind that there
is
some wasted space under there.  If the console were made with a hinged lid
then the space underneath could be used for storage.  But then it could
just
as well be made lower like you said.  I have seen one car where some made
recesses to hold cups.

I think there would be enough room on the sides for the wires to fit.

I would like to know how I can recover the center area.  Where can one
find
vinyl that can stretch and fit?  Or is it something that has to by sprayed
on or cast in a mold?

Walt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM