Re: [DMCForum] Radio Noise

i think it is my antenna switch. the previous owner installed a switch
for the antenna so it could be put up or down at any time when the radio
is on. i had the antenna down listening to cd's. it doesn't have any
pattern and the pop is different each time. i know the car needs a tune
up bad so this could also contribute to the problem.

i will keep you all posted when i figure if it really was the antenna
being down with the radio playing cd's.

mark
6683

Walter Coe wrote:

>  > I have no fan fail relay, fanzilla or jumpers in its
> > place could this be a problem or is it something else making my
> speakers
> > pop with the radio on?
>
> Can you say at what rate you hear this popping sound?  Is it as
> frequent as
> the cooling fan cycling?  This kind of noise can very well be coming
> from
> the radio itself.  When it happens at a fast enough rate, we call it
> "motor-boating" because it sounds like a boat motor.  This is from a
> capacitor going bad -- only breaking down when it reaches a high
> enough
> level of charge.  Then it shorts, repairs and repeats the cycle making
> series of popping sounds in the speakers.
>
> Another thing to consider is the precision of the pop.  Does it sound
> exactly the same every time?  If it doesn't and especially if it's
> somewhat
> random in occurrence, this indicates it is an intermittent connection.
>
> If the noise changes with the RPMs of the engine then it is a
> secondary
> ignition problem.  Consider replacing the cap/plugs/rotor.
>
> Walt

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty
Dollars for Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM