[DMCForum] trying to help another owner

Group,

I am posting this for a new owner who emailed me and asked me some
questions about his car.
If anyone can give some suggestions I will email him your responces....

here goes:

"Now, I purchased this car not running, but, I was told that it would idle

for a few seconds.  Before it started for a second but dumped gas out all
over.  Finally, I started it again.  It no longer leaked gas. but, it
idled
for a few seconds and died like the seller said.
THIS PART IS REALLY IMPORTANT.. and might help you give me a CLUE!
If I tried to start it immediately after it died, it would simply not
start
at all, but, If I waited for 20 seconds it would start and idle.  It
seemed
like it was idling a little longer each time so I thought it was just cold

blooded. I also thought the old fuel filter might be completely clogged
and
when I let it sit, some fuel got through the injectors.  Anyway. This went

on about ten times.. then.. It simply woulnd't fire up AT ALL.. It turns
over and everything but doesn't even start.  NOW I am completely
perplexed..
It also did not seem to hold pressure in the fuel line because when I
unhooked one, there was no pressure.  One can short the rpm relay to see
if
the fuel pump is working.  When I do this, I hear it try to turn on, but
it
doesn't sound like it's building up pressure.  I also checked the fuses
and
saw no problems.  I guess I'll have to get a pressure gauge.  Now I'm
totally bummed out because I thought I would get to have this thing
running
and get to drive it once before I got old and died."

Hopefully someone out ther has solved this problem....
I will also get him to subscribe so we can have another member
thanks
Mike C
2109