Re: [DMCForum] buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

Re: [DMCForum] buzzer / courtesy lights / fuel pump

> i would also like to install a fuel pump switch so i can cut the power
> to the fuel pump when i leave the car unattended so it wont get stolen
> till i can get an alarm on the car. is there a picture or diagram how to
> do this safely?

There is already such a switch on your car.  It is the inertia switch used
to interrupt the gound side of the fuel pump in the event of an accident.
The switch is located on the driver's side left kick well (where it should
be) or at the base of the steering column (early cars, but had a service
bulletin campaign).  Pull the plunger on the top up and you will see a red
shaft indicating "tripped" state.

> i have a switch that turns off my courtesy lights on my car so it doesnt
> kill the battery when the doors are left open. i was wondering if there
> is a picture how to do this modification so i can move my switch to a
> different location so i dont have to tear apart the whole car to figure
> out where these wires are spliced into so i can move them safely.

If you are lucky, you have the standardized modification sold by DMCJoe.
It
plugs into the fuse block replacing the fuse for the courtesy lights and
adding another fuse socket in series with a "cut off" switch to be mounted
anywhere.

If you are unlucky then you are at the mercy of whoever modified
who-knows-what on your electrical system.  Get the schematics out and see
what is supposed to go where.

> is there a buzzer for the ignition switch when the keys are left in the
> car?

I don't know the answer to this one because all the DeLoreans I've worked
on
had the buzzers disconnected or were otherwise not working.  My car came
this way, so I reconnected it.  It then buzzed whenever I had the key in
the
ignition whether the ignition was on or off.  So I left it disconnected.
And as you can tell...
IBSSRGP

Walt