Re: [DMCForum] Question for BTTF experts

Re: [DMCForum] Question for BTTF experts

Being a computer geek from the '70s, I can relate.  We always pronounced
"gigawat" with the first "g" pronounced soft like a "j".

The proper pronunciation was never a problem until home computers grew
large
enough that they had "gig" capacities.   Then the general public
pronounced
it like the abbreviation appeared in the sales ads, "gig".  At this point,
the old timers had to mispronounce it like new people so that they would
know what we were talking about.

If the BTTF movie were made later, I'm sure that they would have given in
the mispronunciation as well.

Walt

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM