RE: [DMCForum] Re: Electric Delorean Track Test

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Electric Delorean Track Test

Jim,

The business associate of mine who first told me about the car had met
with
one of the people who was to be a driver on the way to California.  I
didn't
know if this was inside information so I waited before posting anything
about the car to the DMCForum until I knew this was publicly available.
According to them, the De Lorean was chosen because it is no longer in
production and no one else could lay any claim on the project.

They argued that if they used a Ford, for example, then Ford Motor Company
could possibly claim they were due certain proceeds or royalties since
their
brand was used.  I do not know if that is possible.

One other bit of information he mentioned was that Lee Iaccoca called and
offered him a million dollars to bring the car for him to see and if it
succeeded he would get the money.  Apparently Tilley, or someone else at
the
facility, said if Iaccoca wanted to see it he could come to them.

Again, I have no involvement with them at all.  My only source of
information is through a business associate who lives in Nashville and,
due
to unrelated business, met with people who are involved with the car.

Greg

I was just chatting with some fellow Delorean owners, and it surprises me
that someone chose the DMC as a basis for this machine.  Does anyone know
why?  You'd think you'd either get a light, efficient car, of if you were
showing off, a 4000 pounds Audi!

Jim
1537

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM