From: Travis Goodwin [mailto:tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 11:51 AM
To: 'DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [DMCForum] Goofy questions and comments

I finally had some good weather this past weekend and took the car to a
local cruise-in. I was pleasantly surprised by my reception! As soon as I
pulled in and parked, I was inundated with people. I felt really bad for
the
guys parked down from me because no one ever made it past my car! Everyone
wanted to take a picture but there were so many people around that no one
could get a good clear shot. Still, lots of pictures were taken, so I
wasn't
surprised to find some being passed around in the various local mailing
lists.

After the cruise-in, I went downtown. Here in Greenville we have a very
nice
downtown area. Main St. is a 2 lane road with lots of boutiques and
outside
dining and plenty of pedestrian traffic. So, I drove down and parked it. I
got no more than 3 feet from the car and people started to approach me. I
ended up just having my own little car show right there. It was wild!

Here's a few of the finely collected quotes I heard:

"Does it make popcorn?"
"Does it run on charcoal?"
"Does your car run on gasoline?"
"How long did it take you to make the stainless steel panels?"
"That's not a real DeLorean!"
"Is that the one from the movie?"
"Can I rent it for prom?"
"How much for a ride around the block?"
"I've never heard of a Lauren before."
"Was Back to the Future a movie? When did it come out?"
"What's wrong with your engine?" <-commenting on the fogger
"Who did the metal work for you?" <-commenting on the wood exhausts

I was flattered that people actually thought he wood panels were metal and
that it passed for the real McCoy!

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM