[DMCForum] Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]

[DMCForum] Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]

 one thing u can do is put a heated O2 sensor in.  This will get to
 temperature quicker and reduce the amount of time till it sends good
 readings to the ECU.  The reason people can eliminate the problem with
the
 set screws is they are relying on them to keep the mixture close to
neutral.
 Where with them closed the engine will run slightly lean or rich, I don't
 remember which, and the lambda system will attempt to balance it out.

 Farrar
  your problem with your truck cold be due to many things or just one.
Your
 best bet would be to run the ODB diagnostics if your truck is 1990ish or
 newer.  Lots of people will tell u that it you need to have a fancy
computer
 to do it but you don't.  I know on ford's u can get the error codes with
 jumper wire and a test light.  http://www.corral.net/eec/  it will work
with
 any ford not just mustangs.

 Most people neglect to change the O2 sensors during tune-ups that can
cause
 a problem like this.  Another big problem that gets over looked is
multiple
 fuel filters, all vehicles have at least 2 one in the tank on the D it is
 sock in other cars it is a small brass filter that goes into the line to
the
 pump.  Then the second filter some place before the engine. But if your
 truck has dual tanks you might have a filter for each tank before the
high
 pressure pump.

 Another common problem is the EGR system. It might be working enough not
cause an error but still cause a problem with the engine.

And as always replace the spark plugs, cap, and rotor on a regular basis
and the wires maybe every 2 sets of plugs.

 Andrei

[long]

> > I am not a mechanic but to me its more annoying than anything....In
very
> > cold weather my Delorean will hunt for 3-4 minutes then smooth
out...In
> the
> > summertime my car hunts for about a minute....It just sounds funny
when
> you
> > start the car for someone and tell them "its normal".
> >
> > My car spent the first 20 years of its life in sunny California and
let
me
> > tell you the first time I started it on a cold January morning here in
MD
> > am sure the engine wandered what the ^&^% happened because it hunted
for