From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 11:44 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: AC condensate drain restriction

> this is a water trap added on purpose

> Did that make sense?

Yeah.  Now I'm wondering... If I could see a cross-sectional area of
the hose, would that restriction have a P-trap shaped path inside of
the larger 90 degree bend.  BUT, since the drain is on the
pressurized side of the box, I don't think that drawing in any fumes
would be a problem.

I tried pulling the line out to have a better look at it, but then I
realized that I probably wouldn't be able to get it back in without
taking the body off the frame.  It is all gooped up from underneath
with black silicone caulk.

Walt