[DMCForum] Re: SunStar Model

I too received my model (actually 2, one was sent by accident...but
thats a whole story in its own...) The models are, what Walt
said, "one step away from getting a few jars of goo".
One word comes to my mind....trash.
I'll stop my rant on the subject, since this one hits home.  The
Sunstar model is a great model!  Its just too bad they used Lee's
car.  Maybe they should have contacted DMCH or another vendor to get
a car that is true.

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > I guess is "Crook" was spelled with a "K" then you would be
> > correct ;)
>
> Now, now, Erik... be nice.... or is that possible in this
situation?  I
> bought a Lee Seiler model as a "second owner".  The box it came in
was
> covered with artwork that obviously was printed using a low
resolution
> bubble jet printer.  I opened the box to see what I got, and what
I got was
> just one step away from getting a few jars of goo and a few
pictures of what
> to turn it into.  What I mean by "one step away" is that many of
the parts
> are crudely formed and need a lot of custom trimming & shaping to
make them
> fit.  It would take a LOT of work and talent to turn the "parts"
into
> something that would approximate the likeness of a Sunstar model.
In an act
> of disappointment & disgust, I put all the parts back in the box
and haven't
> opened it since.
>
> Has anyone besides Lee actually assembled one of these models?
And if so,
> how did it turn out?  As I remember, the DML moderators quit
allowing any
> posts on this subject a long time ago.
>
> I don't mean this to be a derogatory letter about Lee Seiler.  At
the time
> he started this project, it was anyone's best chance of having a
model that
> wasn't a BTTF look-a-like.
>
> Walt

Sell a Home with Ease!