RE: [DMCForum] sand blasting vs bead blasting

RE: [DMCForum] sand blasting vs bead blasting

One thing I just thought of is added weight to the door.  The flapper door
may have been made that way due to weight limits on it being able to move
into place with the least amount of effort. Painting the door could
possibly
add just enough weight to prevent the door from moving as it should.  With
that said, I would probably clean and prep the surface with a Scotchbrite
pad and spray a very thin clear coat over the surface, if you want to
prevent future rust, being careful not to get any in the hinge area.

Greg

The flapper doors are made of sheet metal and the hinges are very simple.
They just roll the edge of the metal over a steel rod.  I might replace
with
a brass rod.  Now that I've thought about it, I know this local fabricator
who might be able to make new flappers out of SS.  Now that is being anal!
:-)

Walt

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM