RE: [DMCForum] the marque and electric De Lorean comparison...

RE: [DMCForum] the marque and electric De Lorean comparison...

I would think that Chrysler would maintain its corporate offices in the US
and would be considered an American company owned by a foreign corporation
but I have not seen their new structure.  Although I am not real familiar
with international business, a friend of mine is and was in the automotive
industry for awhile and I could ask him.  This would be interesting to
know,
much like the company Black and Decker I think, who was to move their
offices over-seas to reduce their tax expenses as that would make them a
foreign corporation.

Have you ever taken a new Jaguar apart?  It screams Ford, which I think is
too bad and the Jaguar will never be what it was.  I worked at an
automotive
OEM supplying speakers to car manufacturers and we were not supposed to
talk
about this at all.  I wonder how many people on here own a Mustang with
the
Mach 460 system and how many people own the new Jaguar convertibles.  The
speakers in each car are the exact same speaker, come off the exact same
assembly line, and even the rear speaker enclosures for the convertible
Mustang are the same as for the convertible Jaguar with very minor
cosmetic
changes, for example, the Jaguar boxes have the name Alpine molded in.
The
only part Alpine had in this was licensing their name.  The speakers
themselves are exact Bose knock-offs.

I was not trying to start a flame war, just asking about the De Lorean
itself and the corporate structure at that time.  The last paragraph in my
email was just some of the things that circulate that people believe to be
true.  I just added that in jokingly, but also to make the point that
ultimately public opinion does influence the market value of the vehicle
and
anyone who invests time and money in anything would rather see the value
remain the same or go up, rather than down.

Greg