Re: [DMCForum] Continued: [OT] Andrei's Tubing and Ford Motor Company

Re: [DMCForum] Continued: [OT] Andrei's Tubing and Ford Motor Company

> Would you consider stainless steel (DeLorean theme?). 1 1/2" welded
> type 304 is only $5 per foot.

But SS and dark wood just don;t go together as well as the brass will.  And
from previous discussions we know that some body parts leave prints on SS,
where I don't think they are as vissiable on polished and sealed brass.

> Continued Re: Ford Motor Company:
>
> I find it very convenient to be able to xRef so easily in the junkyard
> and parts house.

VW and Porsche had Ford beat long ago.  The first 3 digits of the PN is the
model car it came from, which also gives you the year range to look for.
For example 996.100.970.01 is a 2001 + 911 twin turbo engine ready to
install for about $29k.  or 113.501.229.00 Is the CV boot for type1 VW
(beetle) yet it will cross all the way up to 90's Porsche.

> And how about the cost of those parts, eh? Just a fraction of any
> other manufacturer.

So you can do a full rebuild on a ford V8 for around $200?  I can do one of
my VW's for under $100 which encludes all the seals, bearings, cam, lifters,
oil pump, rings, fanbelt, reem and hone cylinders as necessary, and enough
oil for the first 3 changes.

> On the rare ocassion when a Ford actually breaks...

I now you dont mean that...  It's a rare ocassion when a ford doesn't break.
Our new van was in the shop with only 5k on the odo for the breaks locking
up.  Then again at 12k to fix the breaks again, peddle went to the floor.
Now at 28k the seats need to be replaced cause the covers are comming off.
I sure am glad a 100k warantee comes with the diesel's.

This fun arguing with Bill on somethign that make no difference at all to
anything.  I see why the timing argument keeps going on and on and on
and....
Andrei

click here