Re: [DMCForum] Copyright Issues

Interesting. I find that the "raised" letter logo is owned by DMC in
Houston, Texas, and the "plain" one WAS owned by DMC in Bloomfield
Hills, Michigan. Not quite the same logo as Travis reported.

Therefore, the logo on your grille is no longer a registered trade or
service mark.

I also notice that "Ephesians 6:12 Incoporated" of Nevada, listed in New
Jersey, wanted to use the word apparently with the consent of a live
person named DeLorean to market other items, and has since abandoned the
notion. Could this be related to the watches?

Another curious thing: An abandoned filing from January 2000 by
"DeLorean, Jack Z. Individual" in "Bloomfield Michigan 48301", for a
goods & services "tool trap". Hmm.

So for jewelry purposes, I say go for it. But talk to your lawyer.

Looks like the "plain" letter logo is up for grabs, as is the stylized
word "DeLorean" as found on the rear bumper. Check with your lawyer first.

You can also check with the Trademark Assistance Center. Their email
address is TrademarkAssistanceCenter@xxxxxxxxxx I'd suggest using the
"Free Form search" on the website first, though, to thoroughly examine
all 11 returns. And talk to your lawyer.

Did I mention it might be a good idea to talk to your lawyer? :)

Farrar