RE: [DMCForum] In Search Of: Stainless Steel Repair

RE: [DMCForum] In Search Of: Stainless Steel Repair

>In addition, the T-Panel is flat..  should be easy for
>any body worker to fix.  If not, try local palces that
>make Stainless counters for commercial kitchens, or
>even elevator door people (they are usualy stainless
>too).

I spent quite a lot of time on the phone talking with several locations,
including commercial kitchen companies and prop repair shops.  They were
willing to try and tackle it, but as soon as I mentioned it was on a car
they refused completely.  Their reason was something due to their industry
used only a few bends, which they could reproduce, but the De Lorean body
panels were too complex for what they could work with.

Body shops wouldn't touch it either since they had never dealt with the way
stainless shrinks and reacts when you use a hammer and dolly, or other
tools.  This rod shop was the only place I could find within about fifty
miles who would even touch it.

I thought the T-panel had a slight curve to it from side to side and front
to back.

Greg