Re: [DMCForum] Lo-jack in Charlotte

> No, I took the photos, and they were on Bourbon Street.

Small world.  I've walked down that same street.  Some of
the bars are really freaky.  And they let you take your
drink out in the street.

> Moving Cars With Out Keys 101.

Most people think that there is minimal risk of having a
DeLorean stolen.  I hope they are right, but I still
wouldn't mind installing a security system on mine.  Even
with a good alarm, some thieves like to steal cars using a
roll-back trailer.  They just hook onto the bumper or onto
the suspension and drag the car on the front wheels (in the
case of rear wheel drive).  DeLoreans are harder to steal if
you cover their asses (literally) by backing them into
parking spaces.

This reminds me of a car dealer friend of mine who had a
70's/80's design GM stolen.  After it was recovered, he
demonstrated how they did it.  I am now trained to steal any
GM car of that design probably as fast as I could put the
key in the ignition.  I'm shocked at how easy it is.  All it
takes is a medium screwdriver.  I could do it without
damage, but that would take a few minutes, and I would have
to bring a lock plate depressor (an off-the-shelf part at
most auto parts stores) and two more screwdrivers.

Walt