[DMCForum] Re: V8? Should I dare? (+ useful link).

[DMCForum] Re: V8? Should I dare? (+ useful link).

Hi Ryan.
Yes, dare!!

Hope this link helps a bit when you are deciding which V8 to install,
basically gives the exact dimensions of the most popular engines.

http://www.carnut.com/specs/engdim.html

I also want to do a V-8 conversion someday. If you go ahead with it,
please document it on a webpage! I'd love to watch the progress...

Does anyone have contact info for the guy who had the Chevy V8
conversion at the Memphis show?

Thanks,
John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcstyle1983" <sky250r@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a 83' with 19K on it but with a salvage title. I am tossing
> around the idea of a V8 chevy swap, but have doubts about the trans
> holding up to the most mild of small blocks. Are there any other
> tranys that I could get behind a chevy V8?
> Does anybody know of a complete install kit or instructions/info on
> this process?
> If there is someone here who has done this, I would love to here
any
> pros and cons on the subject.
> Thanks
> Ryan