[DMCForum] Re: Fridge Run Repair status

> What? Did we suddenly move the location to south
Louisiana?

Eh, mosquitoes are the least of the worry here.  It's those
damn yellow flies (horse flies, deer flies,
whatever-you-call-them flies).  They suck your blood, and
they aren't very nice about it.  But they don't really come
out until mid April which coincidently coincides with a
special date for the IRS.  I got this cool propane powered
mosquito/deer fly catcher which I'll have fired up in
advance.

I'm open to meeting just about anywhere.  But if I work on
any cars then I'm a lot more efficient using my own tool
chest which is too big to take anywhere.

Rich, since your standards are a lot lower than I supposed
(and I'm really ashamed to offer this :-) you & whoever else
are welcome to camp out in the Coachman travel trailer I
have in my yard.  It's got heat, a/c, kitchen, bath, etc.
Technically it is supposed to sleep 6, but that's only if
you're real friendly.  Otherwise it sleeps 4.  I sleep in
the house.

It would suck to have you drive all this far and not get
your a/c fixed.  The cheapest option to get it working is to
flush it out, replace the orifice & accumulator and charge
it with R134a.  At least with this route you would be able
to see leaks show up as oily spots and just keep topping it
off as needed with more refrigerant & oil.  That should be
under $100 in parts, but reliability and environmental
friendliness may suffer accordingly.  In order for the
condenser & radiator to work decently, the radiator shroud
needs to be in place and not broken.

Andrei, here is a link to Snap-On's version of the a/c
crimper tool & dies.  If you cut & paste it to one line, it
should work:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/Pro.asp?tool=all&Group_ID=139
98&Group_name=Hydraulic+A%2FC+Hose+Crimping+Tool&Cat_ID=2168
368&Cat_NAME=Air+Conditioning&Sub_Cat_ID=2168424&Sub_Cat_NAM
E=R%2D134A+And+R%2D12+Service+Equipment&store=snapon-store

The kit for $908.95 would have everything, but we really
only need the jig and dies for 5/8" and 13/32" sized for
barrier hoses.  But with Rich's budget, we may not be
replacing hoses anyway.

Walt