Re: [DMCForum] No salt. No pepper. No facts, either, apparently.

Re: [DMCForum] No salt. No pepper. No facts, either, apparently.

Martin,

The engine is a 3.0L V6. According to Ford, the Gross Combined Weight
Rating is 6,000 lbs. ... and the maximum trailer weight is 2,700 pounds
... so subtracting the maximum trailer weight from the GCWR leaves me
with 3,300 pounds for the weight of the truck ... well, I knew it was a
light truck, but I didn't know it was THAT light! LOL

My engine, according to Ford, at 182 cubic inches displacement, has 150
horsepower @ 5000 RPM and 185 lbs. ft. of torque @ 3250 RPM. I don't
know how to convert it into metric. In fact, I barely know what it means.

If torque is good for towing, then I wish I had the 4.0L V6 (which has
225 lbs. ft. of torque @ 2750 RPM) in my truck. :(

Farrar

Martin Gutkowski wrote:
> How big's the engine, how heavy's the truck?. I towed a DeLorean 500
> miles from Germany with my Xantia which weighs 1350kg, is rated to tow
> 1500kg, and has a 2 litre turbo-diesel engine putting out 250Nm of
> torque and peaking at 110bhp. Torque put simply is a measure of how
> difficult it'd be to slow the engine mechanically if you stuck a big
> brake disc on the end. Torque is good for towing.

click here