Re: [DMCForum] Re: Salt or Pepper with Farrar's eMail?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Salt or Pepper with Farrar's eMail?

This is real fag-packet science, isn't it? (by "fag" I mean cigarette).
You can't just say "take torque and call it force". Force is measured in
Newtons, Torque in NewtonMetres. Where did the distance measurement go?

content22207 wrote:

>I do hasten to point
>out that nowhere in your scientist's formula is Martin's bizarre
>"speed" comment to be found, yet *MY* RPM's are there in glaring black
>& white.

RPM is a measure of speed you berk. Actually more correctly Velocity,
which as you'll agree is a vector quantity unlike speed (what does that
mean, Bill?) Revolutions per minute? Angular velocity instead of linear
velocity? I did do A-level mathematics including mechanics and did quite
a lot of degree-level maths at university while studying engineering. I
could try teaching you how to solve n'th order differential equations if
I though a) you'd know what they were to start with and b) I could
remember without having to look it up, but at least it might go some way
to proving I might know a little more than you about this stuff.

I'm getting seriously bored with this.

Martin