[DMCForum] Re: PRV forged internals

I wouldn't go so far as to say super PRV as forced induction prepped
PRV. I looked at the extrude website, that could be useful but it
would just be the equivalent of port and polished at the end of the
day with more strength. I'd rather pursue a forged internal solution
with forced induction at 15psi/1bar. I've read that both Renault and
Peugeot used forged internals in variations of the PRV in the 80's
with single turbo applications and Renault I believe using the same
block and head we use. I'm willing to order the parts from the UK or
France if needed "if even possible."

Matthew
Vin 0789

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> Martin is right.  There's a lot more to building up an engine than
just the
> forged pistons.  If you want to build a "Super PRV", you also need
> fabricate new main bearing caps on the crank to help distribute the
load,
> and heavier connecting rods as well.

> The main advantage of turbocharging a DeLorean is that it helps
move more
> air into the cylinders.  If you want to really get a bang for the
buck in
> this area, get the heads and intake Extrude-Honed
> (http://www.extrudehone.com/) to get the flow you need without as
much added
> engine stress, cost, and work.

> -Dave