[DMCForum] Re: The "Village Idiot" Returns

[DMCForum] Re: The "Village Idiot" Returns

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "twinenginedmc12"
<twinenginedmc12@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > One of the reasons I gave up on you people is you have the gall to
> > laugh that I'm an idiot, and that arguing with me is pointless.
>
> We're all idiots.  What's the big deal?
>
> Rick.

True, but sometimes people lean harder on Bill for it than others.
Jim sent him and me some mail on the subject.

I think all Bill was trying to say was that in -some- contexts, in -
some- literature, CIS refers to the idle system, not the fuel
injection system. People promptly crashed on him for it, (not just
Jim) and so he posted written documentation to prove it. I've read it.
Some people jumped on him for offering engine advice without reading
any literature. So he went out and bought some good books from Ebay.
Then people blasted him for "waiting so long" to buy them. If you
want names, I can name names. Ya can't satisfy some folks.

He wasn't trying to say that the idle system has anything to do with
the fuel injection system. Just pointing out what the acronyms mean
according to lit that he bought on the advice of people on the list.

Many of us modify our D's in non-standard ways. Bill's setup is
unique. Doubtless people think his way is not "right" or "good". I've
seen Andrei's car. He has a totally different fuel pump which
resides -outside- of the tank. He runs a different type of fuel
filter too. No one is jumping him for his techniques. Is it because
he's an engineer and Bill works for the railroad? Both of them do
things to their car that I refuse to do to mine. Mostly for
historical reasons.

Who the hell cares? In my opinion, Bill's only offense is that he -
takes- offense. I get flame mail all the time. I delete it. I also
get "thank you's" all the time from people I help.

I suspect when we all meet in Ft. Myers people will look at Bill's
engine and say "Ahhh...so that's why you did that." Verbal and
written communication suck sometimes. Seeing helps a lot.

Sorry for being long-winded.

Rich A.