[DMCForum] The "Village Idiot" Returns

One of the reasons I gave up on you people is you have the gall to
laugh that I'm an idiot, and that arguing with me is pointless.

So I went back to the List.

Where I propmtly became embroiled in a controversy over the acronym
"CIS" (generated 3 pieces of flame mail -- a new record!).

One of your own dear members joined the "CIS=Continuous Injection
System" lynch mob. I sent him the following two pages from Volvo's
1985 B28F manual:

And received the following reply:

>your point evades me.
>
>I never said that CIS couldn't stand for "constant idle speed", just
>that
>it is very unlikely that it when when people refer to "Bosch >K-Jetronics
>CIS fuel injection".  What is the relation between idle speed and fuel
>injection?
Either he can't read, or never bothered to look at the JPG. The fuel
injection page on the left *CLEARLY* uses the acronym "CI", and the
idle system page on the right *CLEARLY* uses the acronym "CIS".

Urp.

Since people in this group would argue with me if I merely stated "the
sky is blue", perhaps you'll accept the words of Saint Gutkowski
(Message #8076) or The Everlasting Knowitall (CheckSix3 -- Message #5852).

I'll be on the List if anyone needs me.

Bill Robertson

click here